Africa Federation is seeking a suitably qualified energetic person (male or female) to be its Chief Operating Officer (COO) within the AFED Secretariat. This vital new role will be based at AFED’s office in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. Applications must be submitted by 15 September 2019.
Energetic and experienced
“Africa Federation (AFED), a charitable organization established since 1946, is involved in various fields of activities such as religious, educational, economic development and humanitarian services. We are looking for a suitably qualified, energetic and experienced candidate to fill this newly established post,” a spokesman said.
The post holder will be involved in formulating policies and monitoring closely the performance of each sector of AFED, ensuring they are aligned with the overall strategies and goals of the organization and in championing the Vision of AFED for the term 2019-2022.
Their primary responsibility will be to provide support to the AFED Secretariat in all sectors of operations and administration.
Remuneration is negotiable based on the level of education and experience of the applicant.
AFED’s office is located on Olympio Street, off Bibi Titi Mohamed Road in Dar-es-Salaam.
How to apply
Candidates should submit their written application with their latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) by 15 September 2019, enclosing two recent passport-size photographs, personal telephone contact and email address. Applications can be sent via email to: [email protected]
This can be followed by hard copies via postal mail or hand delivered to:
The Administrative Secretary
The Federation of Khoja Shia Ithna Asheri Jamaats of Africa
P.O. Box. 6710
Bibi Titi Mohamed/Olympio Street
The successful candidate will be a dynamic and productive self-starter who is enthusiastic and creative with a high level of integrity. They will also need a good command of spoken Gujarati as well as spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
To carry out the following activities efficiently with minimum supervision:
- Responsible for close monitoring of all capital development projects, programs and activities of AFED which are undertaken by the Secretariat, Sectional Secretaries and Boards.
- Preparation of agreements, leases and contracts for AFED and its Institutions to the required standards and ensuring these are maintained up-to-date all the time.
- Ensure AFED Secretariat, Boards and Institutions adhere to the Regulatory and Statutory requirements of the Government and Municipality Authorities.
- To assist Member Jamaats/Institutions in ensuring compliance with the registration and other statutory requirements of the Government and of Municipality Authorities.
- Preparation of reports and statistics of the various projects/activities carried out by AFED Secretariat, Boards and Sections as required by the stakeholders, donors and charities and adhering to their format of reporting and deadlines.
- Coordinate with AFED Boards to prepare reports/updates regularly of all capital projects including those undertaken jointly by AFED with Bilal Muslim Missions and Member Jamaats for the office bearers and trustees of AFED.
- Monitor regularly the upkeep of AFED commercial, residential and ZAKMEF properties, and liaising with the respective Board Chairmen.
- Attend Site Meetings on behalf of AFED office bearers.
- Work closely with the AFED Trustees, Member Jamaats and other Institutions (Internal & External) on all projects and assignments.
- Coordinate with the AFED Boards on the delivery of the Board’s objectives/Plans.
- To travel for AFED assignments to other cities, towns or regions whenever required.
- Develop a close rapport with Member Jamaats and with all Heads of the Boards and Sectional Secretaries of AFED for efficient operations of the activities and programs.
- Assist the Hon. Secretary/Asst. Hon. Secretary in the following areas:
- News Bulletins, Press Releases and News Wires.
- Write-ups and Articles.
- Minutes of the Trustee Board/Jamaat Joint Meetings.
- Any other office duties assigned by the Hon. Secretary and Asst. Hon. Secretary.
- University BS degree or Diploma in Business Management or Administration.
- Form VI candidates with good pass marks may also apply.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in similar fields will be an added advantage.
- IT and computer proficiency.
- Analytical abilities, good communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, management and leadership skills.
- Good command of spoken Gujarati as well as spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
Behaviour and individual attributes
- Dynamic, productive and self-starter.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and creative.
- Strong understanding of performance management principles.
- High integrity level.
- Knowledge of the community structure and intricacies.