Dear Community Members, Salaamun Alaykum. Alhamdullilah, the past few weeks have been hectic but with the support and cooperation of mo’meneen the world over, it has been a pleasant time.
MCE conducted its first Tarbiyah Teachers Training Programme Online on 17 October. It was held with 16 teachers from the Jaffaria Academy. The Jaffaria Academy is a unique online school which combines Islamic and British values by using the English National Curriculum, which is taught by qualified and experienced teachers. All classes are held online with unique hub classes which encourages group social activities with the help of spiritual development. It was launched in September 2020.
The Tarbiyah training programme normally takes place in person for Madrasah teachers and can take up to one and a half days. However, due to the current climate and the need to teach our high achieving Tarbiyah curriculum to teachers outside the madaris, the MCE team decided to take the initiative to transfer the training to online facilitation.
Overall we received great feedback from the teachers.
What are the objectives of the online curriculum training programme?
- To appreciate how the Tarbiyah curriculum was formulated (history behind it)
- To understand and be able to apply the key features of the curriculum (Namely nurturing piety, learner-centred, integration and it is based on a Qur'anic world view)
- To observe demo lessons and identify the use of the key features and engaging classroom techniques in them
- To practise teaching a portion of a tarbiyah lesson
- The training is carried out by MCE certified trainers- usually in collaboration with the region that the madrasah is in.
- The success rate is pretty high- it is based on them attending both sessions and successfully doing a microteach.
- The feedback we receive for this is that it is very helpful and really helps introduce the Tarbiyah curriculum well.
Imam Hasan Centre entered into an agreement to establish a new cemetery for the Muslim community in Sydney. Read the latest news on this story here.