By the grace of Allah (SWT), The World Federation is pleased to present the first volume of a new translation of the Tawdih al‑Masa'il of His Eminence al-Sayyid Ali al-Husayni al-Sistani (may Allah (SWT) protect him). This edition contains new rulings, as well as clarification of some previous rulings, and is annotated by the translator.
This book has been much-demanded and long-awaited for by many community members. The Islamic Education Department of The World Federation tried for many years to make this a reality, but faced various obstacles in the task. We were therefore delighted when Shaykh Mohammed Ali Ismail accepted the challenge and agreed to translate this most vital work for us.
Not only is this a high-quality translation, it is also a well-researched work that contains helpful footnotes as well as numerous clarifications, which assist readers to better understand the rulings and enable them to perform their duties to Allah (SWT) with greater clarity, inshAllah.
All the Arabic sections, including recommended supplications, have been translated as well. A glossary of legal terms and an appendix featuring a table of weights and measures further enhance the usability of the book.
- contains new rulings – including two completely new chapters – as well as changes to some previous rulings
- rulings and terms are explained in footnotes and glosses
- includes a glossary of legal terms and an appendix of weights and measures
- all the Arabic parts, including every supplication, are also translated
This first volume includes all the rulings relating to ritual acts of worship, namely:
- Following a Jurist (Taqlid)
- Purification (Taharah)
- Prayer (Salah)
- Fasting (Sawm)
- Spiritual Retreat (I’tikaf)
- The One-Fifth Tax (Khums)
- Enjoining Good and Forbidding Evil
- Alms Tax (Zakat)
To order a copy of this publication please visit the WF online bookshop
or you can email us on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 208 954 9881
This book is available for only £5.00 plus P & P.
Update - This incredible book is now available in an ebook format! Click here to download it.