At the start of November 2015, The World Federation received a plaque from the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) in recognition of its support of UNRWA relief programs in Gaza.
If one of our Shia goes for Imam Husayn (as)’s Ziyarat, then he will not return but all his sins will be forgiven. For every step that he or his mount takes, 1,000 virtues are written for him, 1,000 sins are forgiven and his status is elevated by a 1,000 degrees.' (Bihar al-Anwar, volume 101; Kamil al-Ziyaraat)
If you have been blessed with the opportunity to go to Iraq this Arba’een and are doing the walk from Najaf to Karbala, why not help fundraise for the poor and needy at the same time?
You could also spend some time volunteering at our Mawkib (out-post).
Fundraising for the poor and needy
Imam Husayn (as) has said ‘Beware that the need of people to you is among the blessings of God to you. So do not scare away the needy people when they come to you, as God’s blessings will return and go elsewhere.' (Bihar al- Anwar, volume 78)
This year The World Federation has teamed up with the Najaf to Karbala (N2K) Walk team to fundraise for a community upliftment project in Kenya.
This project will provide the Wajir and Garissa regions much needed access to water wells and seed support for farming in order to sustain the community living there in extreme poverty and drought.
We would love to have you as part of The World Federation team and raise funds for this much needed project.
To set up your own JustGiving page, please follow the following instructions:
1. Go to the team JustGiving page and click on ‘Join the team’ which is just above the names of the team members;
2. This will then take you to another page where you should click on ‘Make a new fundraising page’;
3. You will then need to type in the name of your charity: this will be ‘The World Federation of KSIMC’. The charity number in case you need it is 282303.
4. Once you click on the charity name, you will then be able to create your own page.
5. You will then be able to select what you are doing. If you go down to ‘Doing your own thing’ and click on ‘Personal challenge’, you will be able to type in that you are doing the 80km walk from Najaf to Karbala.
6. You can also decide on your JustGiving address so your friends and family can easily find you!
7. All you then have to do is finalise all your details on the page and spread the word with your friends and family!
If you do need any assistance in setting up your JustGiving page, please get in touch with us at [email protected]
Volunteering at our mawkib
This year, The World Federation is pleased to announce that it has established an out-post (known in Arabic as a ‘mawkib’) on the Najaf to Karbala walk route.. The out-post will be located at position number 1086.
More information can be found in our earlier newswire article
If you wish to partake in this honour, The World Federation would like to offer all community members who are undertaking the walk, or will be in Iraq at the time, to come and volunteer their services at the out-post. This is an excellent opportunity to serve the pilgrims of Imam Husayn (as) and earn immense thawab, whilst partaking in an unforgettable experience. In particular, The World Federation appeals to individuals who are trained in medical fields to assist with services.
To volunteer, please email [email protected]
We really do hope that you will join The World Federation team to help by fundraising and/or volunteering and we would be delighted to hear and share your stories, so please do keep us updated at [email protected] or [email protected]
Thanks to the support of donors who continue to donate to the Pakistan Relief Fund, The World Federation funded the construction of 14 new homes across 13 villages in Tehsil Ahmedpur Sial in Pakistan’s Punjab province.
As you read this article, a child is going to bed hungry. Watch this 2-minute video trailer on the true story of Kidawa and Mahdi, where one lives with hunger every day and the other doesn’t.