The World Federation Third Executive Council Meeting (ExCo) is taking place now click here to get your daily updates!
The World Federation would like to recognise Jamaat members who have responded with excellence during COVID-19 in the four categories listed below:
- Outstanding Jamaat – Dealing with COVID-19 (Burial & Medical)*
- Outstanding Jamaat – Digital Delivery*
- Outstanding Madrasah – Online Delivery*
- A Community Hero (male/female)
(*Categories 1 to 3 will be divided into two sub-awards, one for Jamaat with under 1500 membership and one for Jamaat with over 1500 membership.)
Winners will be announced during our next ExCo8 in January 2021.
All submissions will be judged by an independent judging panel prior to the ExCo. The panel’s decision will be final and in good faith.
Outstanding Jamaat – Dealing with COVID-19
This category is seeking to award a Jamaat that has best responded this year to the COVID-19 crisis. In specific, a Jamaat that has gone over and beyond in its work to ensure that the community has been supported in the following ways:
- Providing medical advice/support - including, and not limiting to, mental health wellbeing.
- Fulfilling funeral rites that abide by the sharia guidelines.
- Ensuring that the welfare needs are met - including, and not limiting to, food deliveries, financial assistance, elderly and social support.
Outstanding Jamaat – Digital Delivery
This category is seeking to award a Jamaat that has best responded this year to the COVID-19 crisis. In specific, a Jamaat that has reached out to its community via a digital platform in the following ways:
- Seamlessly replacing physical programmes to online ones - including, and not limiting to, Thursday night, Wafat and Khushali programmes.
- Introducing new and engaging events on their online platform - for example and not limiting to, Qur’an tafseer sessions, fitness training, cookery classes and language classes.
- Catering to all ages – including, and not limiting to, the young and the elderly.
Outstanding Madrasah – Online Delivery
This category is seeking to award a Madrasah that has best responded this year to the COVID-19 crisis. In specific, a Madrasah that has ensured that students received Islamic ta’lim despite being in lockdown in the following ways:
- Adapting delivery of lessons through a digital / online platform.
- Encouraging kids to connect with the religion via innovative ways – including, and not limiting to, video creation, online quizzes and at-home projects.
- Equipping Madrasah teachers to be able to deliver effective lessons digitally.
A Community Hero
This category is seeking to award an individual within our community who has responded admirably to the COVID-19 crisis. They have gone over and beyond to provide assistance and support to their community without expecting anything in return. A few examples are:
- Converging digitally with Mu’mineen around the world and providing tableegh services when centres were closed.
- Connecting digitally with individuals to create social groups promoting physical and mental wellbeing.
- Delivering medications, food or necessities to those self-isolating or shielding.
- Facing these uncertain times with bravery, compassion and kindness for others in their community.
Nominations will close by 9th January.
Our Khoja Heritage tour is back! Register yourself to be part of an amazing discovery of our heritage! A holiday for all the family to enjoy! Frequently asked questions page.
Dear Community Members, Salaamun Alaykum. Alhamdullilah, the past few weeks have been hectic but with the support and cooperation of mo’meneen the world over, it has been a pleasant time.